makemkv supports obfustication of playlist?

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
flojo

makemkv supports obfustication of playlist?

Post by flojo »

Does makemkv support the playlist obfustication thingy that Lionsgate uses? If not, where do I look myself, in a .jar file or some other java files? Which files should I take a look at to find the correct playlist?

I don't know how a BD player works. I imagine it unpacks a .jar or something similar but I don't know if you can supply your own java executables and have the player execute those or if you use some scripting language on a predefined framework like HTML/DOM.
d00zah

Re: makemkv supports obfustication of playlist?

Post by d00zah »

flojo wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:56 pm
Does makemkv support the playlist obfustication thingy that Lionsgate uses? If not, where do I look myself, in a .jar file or some other java files? Which files should I take a look at to find the correct playlist?

I don't know how a BD player works. I imagine it unpacks a .jar or something similar but I don't know if you can supply your own java executables and have the player execute those or if you use some scripting language on a predefined framework like HTML/DOM.
Check out What is the correct play list [insert title here]?
flojo

Re: makemkv supports obfustication of playlist?

Post by flojo »

It's not working for the non-4k Blu-Ray: Kin (2018) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kin_(film) If anyone has any suggestions on where to look or which disassembly methods to use to find the answer please post.

It's clearly more difficult than reading some headers but how much more? Why is makemkv guessing at this, what is the hurdle?