"makemkvcon mkv" - how to select what audio/subtitle tracks get transferred?

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
demon

"makemkvcon mkv" - how to select what audio/subtitle tracks get transferred?

Post by demon »

I'm working on a (fairly complex) bash script to automate TV series backup and repacking, and have successfully integrated it with TheTVDB for getting series info and matching episodes. Right now, I'm at the point that I'm trying to take a bunch of disc dumps (made with dvdbackup for DVDs and makemkvcon for Blu-rays) and extract individual episodes for remuxing and/or transcoding. I'm trying to use "makemkvcon mkv", but when I use it, it only extracts the English audio and subtitle streams from the title number I give it. Is the only way to control this down to setting "app_PreferredLanguage" in ~/.MakeMKV/settings.conf? Or is there a way to construct and pass a filter to makemkvcon to specify which languages I want included? I want to be able to pass languages (currently one for audio and one or more for subtitles) to include, but I'm not currently seeing how I can do that. I have thoughts for alternative approaches (possibly using bd_splice from libbluray), but I'd rather not add more dependencies if I can help it.
cyberpunk2350

Re: "makemkvcon mkv" - how to select what audio/subtitle tracks get transferred?

Post by cyberpunk2350 »

have you solved this issue yet? I am wondering about it myself, along with how to add custom labels/metadata to said tracks...I'm also curious to see your script if you are willing to share it (Github or other)
demon

Re: "makemkvcon mkv" - how to select what audio/subtitle tracks get transferred?

Post by demon »

I haven't, no. I've been busy with work and other stuff of late, and trying to shift from depending on a Wine wrapper for "eac3to" to using "makemkvcon" for getting title information from Blu-ray Discs. I have put the code up on github, actually, though it's still very much WIP:

https://github.com/demonfoo/autorip

Feel free to take a look, keeping in mind that remux/transcode functionality is not yet in place. Also, it does require that you have an account with TheTVDB.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Mmh, does makemkvcon ignore the DefaultSelectionString?
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch