Bought MakeMKV a while ago. App tells me I have to purchase it for it to work

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
OldMovieFan

Bought MakeMKV a while ago. App tells me I have to purchase it for it to work

Post by OldMovieFan »

I bought MakeMKV through PayPro Global on 14 Nov 2021 but I think I may only have been supplied with a temporary key.

When I reinstalled MakeMKV v17.3 the lice

The app is now telling me that my evaluation period has expired:

Evaluation period has expired, shareware functionality unavailable
Failed to open disk

The popup says:

Evaluation key has expired. Please purchase an activation key if you've found this application useful.

To add insult to injury, when I tried to log in here the site told me I didn't have an account!

I have re-registered using the same username.

The only thing I can think of that might have had any influence at my end was that I put a new HDD system drive in my computer a few weeks ago.

I'm running Win 10 22H2
Woodstock

Re: Bought MakeMKV a while ago. App tells me I have to purchase it for it to work

Post by Woodstock »

If you "reinstalled", did you do it over the top of the original install, or as a separate process? The key is stored on your system, separate from the Windows install, as part of your system registry. The evaluation key won't overwrite it normally.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
OldMovieFan

Re: Bought MakeMKV a while ago. App tells me I have to purchase it for it to work

Post by OldMovieFan »

Woodstock wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 2:08 pm
If you "reinstalled", did you do it over the top of the original install, or as a separate process?
Errr... well, I just let MakeMKV uninstall the previous version. Should I completely uninstall and delete all the registry entries instead?

The other thing is that it's telling me the key ran out before I paid for it, which is a bit of a noggin scratcher.
OldMovieFan

Post by OldMovieFan »

Woodstock wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 2:08 pm
If you "reinstalled", did you do it over the top of the original install, or as a separate process? The key is stored on your system, separate from the Windows install, as part of your system registry. The evaluation key won't overwrite it normally.
If I have to do this again, does that mean I have to delete the key from the registry before putting it back in again?

If so. where do I find it?