makemkvcon not processing the correct title ID

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
zero269

makemkvcon not processing the correct title ID

Post by zero269 »

I'm trying out makemkvcon to batch process some episodes to minimize on my Copy/Paste using the GUI.

However, when I try to process title 5 using the syntax below, it processes title ID 34. I tried again choosing title ID 26, and again it processed title ID 34.

Code: Select all

makemkv64.exe mkv <source> <title id> <destination folder>
Example:

makemkv64.exe mkv "D:\DVD\ShowTitle" 5 "D:\Shows\ShowTitle"
Anyone else getting similar results or seen this before?
I'm running latest MakeMKV 1.17.2 for Windows.

On another note, I tried creating a log file using the limited syntax from here: http://www.makemkv.com/developers/usage.txt, but I'm just getting an empty file and the processing doesn't even run which explains why the file is empty.

Tried the following to get a useable log file:

makemkv64.exe mkv "D:\DVD\ShowTitle" 5 "D:\Shows\ShowTitle" --messages="D:\Logs\mmkv_log.txt"
Added -stdout

makemkv64.exe mkv "D:\DVD\ShowTitle" 5 "D:\Shows\ShowTitle" --messages="D:\Logs\mmkv_log.txt" -stdout
Tried prefixing f which is supposed to be for arguments...?

makemkv64.exe mkv "D:\DVD\ShowTitle" 5 "D:\Shows\ShowTitle" f --messages="D:\Logs\mmkv_log.txt" -stdout
Reordered the argument after the mkv command

makemkv64.exe mkv f --messages="D:\Logs\mmkv_log.txt" -stdout "D:\DVD\ShowTitle" 5 "D:\Shows\ShowTitle"
All four methods produced the same results, so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get a log file to upload.
dcoke22

Re: makemkvcon not processing the correct title ID

Post by dcoke22 »

I don't use MakeMKV on Windows so I'm taking a shot in the dark. Is there a makemkvcon executable? On macOS (and I'm pretty sure on Linux), the makemkv executable is the GUI and makemkvcon is the headless bit that does the work. All of your examples show calling makemkv64.exe. Is that the GUI part on Windows or the other part?
drxenos

Re: makemkvcon not processing the correct title ID

Post by drxenos »

Are these DVD title numbers? MakeMkV uses its own numbering scheme. You'll have to load the disc in the GUI to see what the title number translates to.