DTS Audio / 5.1 audio track to Dolby Digital Audio / 5.1

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
sfuma

DTS Audio / 5.1 audio track to Dolby Digital Audio / 5.1

Post by sfuma »

New TVs do not support DTS Audio. Is it possible to transcode a DTS Audio / 5.1 audio track to Dolby Digital Audio / 5.1 without additional steps?
dcoke22

Re: DTS Audio / 5.1 audio track to Dolby Digital Audio / 5.1

Post by dcoke22 »

sfuma wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:11 pm
New TVs do not support DTS Audio. Is it possible to transcode a DTS Audio / 5.1 audio track to Dolby Digital Audio / 5.1 without additional steps?
Certainly some new TVs support DTS audio.

In any case, MakeMKV has a thing called conversion profiles. A conversion profile can be used to do on-the-fly audio conversion during a rip. I sometimes use it convert Dolby TrueHD audio to FLAC since my setup can't process TrueHD audio. I've never tried to create a profile to convert DTS into an AC3 5.1 audio track, but since there's a tiny version of ffmpeg embedded in MakeMKV, it could in theory do this.
sfuma

Post by sfuma »

I figured out DTS 5.1 and converted it to ACC. But I also have a Dolby Digital 4.0 track that needs to be converted to ACC. Is it possible to do this?
sfuma

Post by sfuma »

It would be nice if the developers added functionality to add your own audio track. Since there is not always an available translation to Blu Ray.
sfuma

Post by sfuma »

Noticed one mistake. If you have set a stereo profile, the attachment is not saved. How to fix it?
Attachments
SCREENSHOT.png
SCREENSHOT.png (121.25 KiB) Viewed 3304 times