FEATURE REQUEST: Select multiple lines and edit property for all selected

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Radiocomms237

FEATURE REQUEST: Select multiple lines and edit property for all selected

Post by Radiocomms237 »

Could we have the capability to select multiple lines (or tracks) using SHIFT+click for multiple sequential lines or CTRL+click for multiple non-sequential lines, the same as you can in Windows Explorer, and then edit the property (such as "Name", "Language", "Order weight", etc.) for all selected lines at once?

It would also be handy to select multiple lines and check/uncheck all the selected tracks as well.
Last edited by Radiocomms237 on Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Radiocomms237

Re: Select multiple lines and edit property for all selected

Post by Radiocomms237 »

I wanted to clarify that last request...

We would select/highlight all the appropriate tracks and then use the right-click menu to "Toggle Item", "Select All" or "Unselect All"

Obviously if you tried to uncheck a track using a checkbox then all the selections/highlights would disappear.
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

I know I've asked this many times before but, do the developers of MakeMKV even read these forums or should I be emailing somebody directly with feature requests?

This feature has been the most basic function of Windows Explorer since before I can remember, and would make setup so much quicker (IE select ALL the necessary tracks and change a value ONCE instead of having to change every singe track individually).
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

I wanted to bump this one again because I feel this feature would make setup so much easier.

If we could select, say, all the video tracks (using CTRL+click) and then name them, set the language, and set the default of all the selected tracks at once it would save a ton of setup time.

It would also save a heap of time while setting all the order weights if we could select a whole block of subtitle tracks and change the weight of them all in one click.

Pretty please, with sugar on top?
cinome

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Select multiple lines and edit property for all selected

Post by cinome »

I would like to see this too, especially under Linux.
There I cannot un-/tick the checkboxes with the space key, which disables the very fast "arrow down, space, repeat"-technique. ;)
I have to point and click with the mouse. This is tiring if a disk has support for 10 languages with 2 subtitles each and then maybe 4 extras. Nearly a hundred clicks for one disk.
cinome

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Select multiple lines and edit property for all selected

Post by cinome »

An improvement to workflow and a workaround:
Instead of easily selecting the languages manually, I am now using the expert options to define the profile to deselect all but english and german.
Since I always want the original language plus the german language for visitors, this only works for english movies. For other languages I still have to select manually.

-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang|ger),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang

Aditionally I set the minimum title length way up to 20 Minutes. That leads to many missed extras, but reduces clicking.