Disable Warning Message (Program reads data faster than it can write to disk)

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
NotMilitaryAI

Disable Warning Message (Program reads data faster than it can write to disk)

Post by NotMilitaryAI »

Is there any way to disable this warning message?

Code: Select all

Program reads data faster than it can write to disk, consider upgrading your hard drive if you see many of these messages.
Program reads data faster than it can write to disk, consider upgrading your hard drive if you see many of these messages.
99% of my usage of makemkv is using `makemkvcon` to remux BDMVs and ISOs and get this warning message every single time. (My ZFS array reads much faster than it writes.)

Is there an option I can add to the 'settings.conf' file or something in order to disable these messages?

Thanks.

PS: If it matters, my OS is Ubuntu 18.04

Edit:
Current bodge solution: Added the following to my ~/.bashrc file:

Code: Select all

makemkvcon() {
    command makemkvcon "$@" | \
        grep -v 'Program reads data faster than it can write to disk'
}
Woodstock

Re: Disable Warning Message (Program reads data faster than it can write to disk)

Post by Woodstock »

Not that we know of, other than to make the machine write faster...

It is a rare message for most of us; the device being read from (DVD/Bluray) is normally slower than writing the output to the drive. That isn't the case when dealing with reading from an ISO. I wouldn't worry about it, for the most part.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging