Changing DVD Disc name no longer changes Title names

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Mapsking

Changing DVD Disc name no longer changes Title names

Post by Mapsking »

Today I was ripping a bunch of TV Shows, and I had changed the name of the DVD Disc field to what I wanted. I had done this about 25 times today, and every time previously, it worked. By worked, I mean it not only changed the name of the DVD Disc, but also the Title name category for every title under it. Suddenly, and without warning, when I change the DVD Disc, it does NOT change the Title name. Perhaps I hit something, a keyboard shortcut or something, and I have to change the title's name every time, for each title. This is irritating and time consuming when there are multiple titles per disc.

Please help me fix this, and revert it to the way it was earlier, so I can change all title names to the same as the DVD Disc name, at the same time automatically.

Thanks in advance.
mreedelp2

Re: Changing DVD Disc name no longer changes Title names

Post by mreedelp2 »

I have had this happen many times. There is no rhyme or reason when it happens--some discs' fields just don't update. I usually end up copying and pasting into each name field what I need.
Mapsking

Re: Changing DVD Disc name no longer changes Title names

Post by Mapsking »

That is what I was doing, but it was weird, it was right in the middle of a big collection of an entire show, and seasons 1-5 worked great, as well as every other show or movie I've ripped, (probably at least fifty or a hundred different ones recently), but seasons 6-8 had this problem. I tried restarting MakeMKV, and such, but nothing seemed to have changed. I was manually copying over the title names too, but since it seems to happen with everything now, and never did before, it seems more likely that something in the software changed, some setting or something.