Audio only working on an audio commentary special feature

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
FatNFuri0us1

Audio only working on an audio commentary special feature

Post by FatNFuri0us1 »

Im not sure why its doing this but basically the audio tracks "DTS-HD MA Surround 5.1 English" and "DTS-HD Surround 5.1 English" don't output anything. However "DD Stereo English" works but it is just the special feature of the director and writer commentating over the movie
MakeMkv..png
MakeMkv..png (56.85 KiB) Viewed 4658 times
Woodstock

Re: Audio only working on an audio commentary special feature

Post by Woodstock »

What player are you using? Which tracks were selected? What movie?

Not all players will play all codecs. And 5.1 surround sound tracks are not necessarily the movie audio.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
FatNFuri0us1

Post by FatNFuri0us1 »

Woodstock wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:16 pm
What player are you using? Which tracks were selected? What movie?

Not all players will play all codecs. And 5.1 surround sound tracks are not necessarily the movie audio.
I've used windows media player, movies and tv app, and iTunes. This problem has only happened with this movie in particular. There were on 2 tracks with the full movie and I've tried both
ScreamMakeMkv.png
ScreamMakeMkv.png (11.65 KiB) Viewed 4653 times
ScreamMakeMkv2.png
ScreamMakeMkv2.png (5.8 KiB) Viewed 4653 times
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I don't think iTunes will play files in a .mkv container, will it? I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'movies and tv app'. And I don't think Windows Media Player will play DTS audio by default; I think it needs a codec pack installed to do so.

VLC should work. Or MPV.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

FatNFuri0us1 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:47 pm

I've used windows media player, movies and tv app, and iTunes. This problem has only happened with this movie in particular. There were on 2 tracks with the full movie and I've tried both ScreamMakeMkv.pngScreamMakeMkv2.png
also you should not be ripping the movie 2 times one with and without chapters your putting double the wear on your drive that way by doubling your rip time.
also dont use the windows built in player it has many problems with switching audio and corrupted playback i reported it to them in a bug report years ago they marked it as something it was not and closed it marked as solved
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
FatNFuri0us1

Post by FatNFuri0us1 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:52 am
FatNFuri0us1 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:47 pm

I've used windows media player, movies and tv app, and iTunes. This problem has only happened with this movie in particular. There were on 2 tracks with the full movie and I've tried both ScreamMakeMkv.pngScreamMakeMkv2.png
also you should not be ripping the movie 2 times one with and without chapters your putting double the wear on your drive that way by doubling your rip time.
also dont use the windows built in player it has many problems with switching audio and corrupted playback i reported it to them in a bug report years ago they marked it as something it was not and closed it marked as solved
Im not doing more than 2 at once, I just checked both of them to show which ones I had used. So what media player do you suggest ?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

FatNFuri0us1 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:04 am
as dcoke22 says vlc or mpv are good and easy but aslo consider mpc with madvr is very good but requires a bit of setup
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com