How to disable video description for visually impaired.

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
athomas2

How to disable video description for visually impaired.

Post by athomas2 »

Hi,
Have just got MKV working but I am having one problem. If I play a BluRay direct to Leawo BluRay Player or 5K player everything is OK. But if I use MKV to rip the disc first to an MKV file then on playing the file I also get audio description for the visually impaired! How do I turn this off.
Woodstock

Re: How to disable video description for visually impaired.

Post by Woodstock »

Descriptive Audio is just a different audio track, but... on some movies, it has better "specs" than the main audio, and the normal selection rules for MakeMKV place a priority on better audio. An example I've seen is the movie has 2-channel stereo, but the descriptive audio (or even commentary tracks) has 5.1 Dolby Digital.

For me, the solution is to have MakeMKV rip ALL audio tracks, and treat them equally, then sort out which ones I want afterward, by playing the MKV file with VLC. At that point, you can either use the tools in mkvtoolnix to set flags on the desired tracks or remove them, or (my preference) process the file with handbrake to make it smaller, only including the tracks I want.

Manually selecting the tracks to rip is covered in Changing names with Expert mode enabled.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
athomas2

Post by athomas2 »

Thanks for the quick response. Admittedly I did discover last night playing around that if I ripped the disk with MakeMKV and then processed it with Handbrake I could get a copy without the video description for the visually impaired, just would be nice to be able to do it all in one hit.
Anyway thanks once again.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

To do it in one hit, play back the video prior to ripping it cycling through the audio tracks. Once the descriptive track is identified, uncheck it in MakemKV.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch