Subtitles with flag set to "d"

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
fatez

Subtitles with flag set to "d"

Post by fatez »

Good morning everyone,

I've been searching for several hours now both on the forum and via google but I can't find a solution, maybe it doesn't exist.
So I'm here officially to ask you if it's possible to default the first track of the subtitles with the "d" flag, look here :

This is how it comes out with my flags : (if you see the mkv flag "d" is inserted on the second subtitle track forced)

and this is how I would like it to come out automatically, for now I have to change them by hand for all my extras and there are so many of them....

i use makemkv with mac and my flags I use are these :

Code: Select all

-sel:all,+sel:audio&(ita|eng),-sel:mvcvideo,+sel:subtitle&(ita|ita),+sel:attachment,=100:all,-10:favlang

all this is because I would like that when I start the extras of the movies, they start in English directly with Italian subtitles, without having to choose every time with the remote control.

thanks to anyone who wants to help me
Chetwood

Re: Subtitles with flag set to "d"

Post by Chetwood »

Extract default.mmcp.xml from the appdata.tar, rename the profile name to fatez and add

<!-- Common MKV flags -->
<mkvSettings
setFirstSubtitleTrackAsDefault="true"

Save the file as fatez.mmcp.xml and put it into MakeMKV data directory. Later, when opening, select your custom profile. This way it will survive program reinstalls and will be easily transferable.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
fatez

Post by fatez »

Chetwood wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:20 pm
Extract default.mmcp.xml from the appdata.tar, rename the profile name to fatez and add

<!-- Common MKV flags -->
<mkvSettings
setFirstSubtitleTrackAsDefault="true"

Save the file as fatez.mmcp.xml and put it into MakeMKV data directory. Later, when opening, select your custom profile. This way it will survive program reinstalls and will be easily transferable.

I've tried but I'm definitely doing something wrong.
Can I ask you the courtesy if you can make me the xml so I can see if I'm doing it wrong?

Then I did not understand one thing, the file "fatez.mmcp.xml" I have to copy it in

/User/fatez/Library/MakeMkv

or

/Application/MakeMkv ?

and should I copy the xml or should I put it in the tar?

thanks and sorry for the trouble but i can't find any documentation on line about it

thanks again
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

According to this post you can copy the file with any name into the MakeMKV data directory which location you can see under Preferences > General. With expert mode enabled on this tab you get the tab Advanced where you should be able to select the profile 'fatez' from the default profile pulldown menu. Since MakeMKV 1.12.4 and later the DefaultSelectionString is also set on this tab and no longer in the mmcp.xml.
Attachments
fatez.mmcp.xml
(3.3 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
fatez

Post by fatez »

Chetwood wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:28 pm
According to this post you can copy the file with any name into the MakeMKV data directory which location you can see under Preferences > General. With expert mode enabled on this tab you get the tab Advanced where you should be able to select the profile 'fatez' from the default profile pulldown menu. Since MakeMKV 1.12.4 and later the DefaultSelectionString is also set on this tab and no longer in the mmcp.xml.
thank you very much indeed, this evening I will try as you told me and let you know

in the meantime thank you very much

ciao