How to select only specific cores with lang and subtitle?

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
fatez

How to select only specific cores with lang and subtitle?

Post by fatez »

Hi guys,

meanwhile a heartfelt thank you for everything but really for everything you do and the community does.
I'd like to ask you a little help because I'm going to convert all my backups (about 300) from iso to mkv in order to watch them more comfortably with Plex.

I would like MakeMkv to automatically select certain tracks with certain conditions:

Select all the tracks that have audio in Italian and English and that have the sub in Italian otherwise do not select them.

For now I have managed to get this :

-sel:all,+sel:audio&(ita|eng),-sel:mvcvideo,+sel:subtitle&(ita|ita),+sel:attachment,=100:all,-10:favlang

but in this way it also selects all the tracks (the extras) that don't have subs and almost always are only the intros or test videos.

Thank you in advance
d00zah

Re: How to select only specific cores with lang and subtitle?

Post by d00zah »

Adjust Preferences > Video tab > 'Minimum title length (seconds)' value to something greater than the length of the unwanted titles.
fatez

Post by fatez »

but it is not possible to do it with "sel" ?
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Starting with MakeMKV 1.7.3 , default track selection logic may be specified in MakeMKV preferences on Advanced tab.
I see no mention of Title selection in that topic, but having batch converted many .isos to .mkv using the 'Minimum title length (seconds)' method, I never asked. sorry.

edit: Out of personal curiosity, other than title duration, what other selection criteria would you propose?
fatez

Post by fatez »

Select all the tracks that have audio in Italian and English and that have the sub in Italian otherwise do not select them.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

MakeMKV evaluates individual titles... i.e. transitions, extras, main features. It can filter out individual titles based on duration. IF you wish to discard certain titles (you specified "all the tracks (the extras)... and almost always are only the intros or test videos"), this is accomplished by adjusting 'Minimum title length (seconds)'.

From the list of 'acceptable' titles, it evaluates each for tracks it contains. The advanced filters apply to which tracks are selected within EACH title.