How to create a new remuxing profile?

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Ferrett1983

How to create a new remuxing profile?

Post by Ferrett1983 »

Hi basically I want to create a new profile but I'm unsure on how to do so. Basically I would like all LPCM and 1.0/2.0 DTS-HD MA tracks to be converted to FLAC. Also I would like all video tracks language to be undetermined instead of eng and also no names for audio tracks e.g stereo, mono etc I just want a clean blu ray remux and for their to be the same consistency across all remuxes.
wcndave

Re: How to create a new remuxing profile?

Post by wcndave »

There is a sticky at the top of this board, that talks about how to edit a profile.
However what it doesn't cover, is where to get the profiles file in the first place - to make edits to.

"In order to make a profile visible in GUI, the conversion profile file ( with .mmcp.xml extension ) must be placed into MakeMKV data directory which can be looked up and changed in preferences."

I have a custom profile from 10 years ago, and I wonder if it's wrong, because it's out of date.
I'd like to create a new clean one, however from what?

I'm pretty sure when I did this years ago, I turned off advanced, it created a default.xml file, then I copied that. However now, it appears there's no default file anymore, so I have no "template" on which to build a profile file.

Any thoughts on how to do this?
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

The default.mmcp.xml is stored inside the appdata.tar that's stored to the MakeMKV program directory, at least on Windows.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
wcndave

Post by wcndave »

ok, thanks! I would never have though to look in there!