Batch convert many ISO files to MKV on a Mac

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
JedediahLeland

Batch convert many ISO files to MKV on a Mac

Post by JedediahLeland »

I have a folder with >100 ISO files that I have accumulated over the years and simply want a straightforward way to get MakeMKV convert all of these ISO files to MKV for ANY title > 0 second.

I am very aware of the threads addressing batch processing in this forum, but I am really struggling to find any clear solution to this situation. Thanks.
dcoke22

Re: Batch convert many ISO files to MKV on a Mac

Post by dcoke22 »

Where are you stuck? Do you know how to access and use makemkvcon in Terminal?

Code: Select all

/Applications/MakeMKV.app/Contents/MacOS/makemkvcon
JedediahLeland

Post by JedediahLeland »

I am able to access makemkvcon in Terminal using the Code you supplied. I don't really know how to use it and would appreciate some further guidance. Thanks.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Does this post make one sense? https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 10&t=24297

That's a Windows Powershell script, but it is trying to do a similar thing to what you're trying to do.

The makemkvcon help text shows the basic format is: makemkvcon [switches] Command [Parameters]

More documentation can be found here: http://www.makemkv.com/developers/usage.txt

In the simplest form, without using any switches, you'd want to use the mkv command. A relevant example from the docs is:
Copy all titles from first disc and save as MKV files:
makemkvcon mkv disc:0 all c:\folder
Translating that to Mac-speak and ISO you'd end up with something like:

Code: Select all

/Applications/MakeMKV.app/Contents/MacOS/makemkvcon mkv iso:<filename> all <destination>