Lift up center speaker loudness?!

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
tvogel

Lift up center speaker loudness?!

Post by tvogel »

Hi everyone!

If I rip my BRs to AAC-Stereo the dialogs are very low in comparison to the soundfx or music tracks.
I know it´s because of the downmix of the 5.1 sound and how the movie makers sound ingenier used the dynamic range.
Never the less I have to use my remotecontroll all the time to ramp up an down the loudness if I watch my movies ...

So is there a way to fix this by automaticaly adding more loudness of the center speakter to the Stereo-downmix when ripping the BR?

-> I found the file "appdata.tar" (I´m on WIn7) and the included "aac-st.mmcp.xml".
Maybe theres a chance to fix/define this in this file?
The best tip for me would be to tell me exactely what to add/modify to the textfile to e.g. pump up the center volume by 50%.

It would be a bad option for me to manually reprocess the final mkv-file after ripping in some third party software using things like shell etc.
But if there´s no other way to do this, maybe there´s a good step by step tutorial for encoder-fools like me?

Please take notice that my TV just plays AAC-Stereo sound. So that´s why I have to convert at all.
If I´m right I have to modify levels before mixing down to stereo of course?
So therefore MakeMKV should do this while the ripping process - right?

If there´s no solution doing this just in MakeMKV this surely would be a great improvement to add this feature becuase a lot of people are searching for a solution. Maybe there could be some sliders for adjusting the 5.1 channels by live hearing the restult? Also saving the used settings would be great of course.

ThanX a lot!
tvogel *;o(