Only convert LPCM to FLAC

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
bkontrarian

Only convert LPCM to FLAC

Post by bkontrarian »

Some discs have multiple audio track that I want to select where the main track might be DTS/Dolby and a secondary track might be LPCM.
I want to copy the DTS/Dolby track but convert the LPCM to FLAC.
I've seen posts on here saying to edit the existing FLAC profile or create a new profile but I can't find these xml files to edit.
I am on Win10.
I have looked in"C:\Users\<USER>\.MakeMKV" but all I find there is "_private_data.tar".
I didn't find anything in "C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV" either.
Where can I find the "flac.mmcp.xml" file?

EDIT: I found the files hiding in a tar file.

So I backed up the original tar file then extrected the contents with 7zip and made my changes to the FLAC profile then remade the tar file with 7zip and put the editted tar file in the original location, BUT now I get this when loading MakeMKV:

MakeMKV v1.15.2 win(x64-release) started
Profile parsing error: default profile missing, using builtin default
The program can't find any usable optical drives.

Obviously I did something wrong.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What I am trying to do is rip the new Ghost in the Shell 4K and copy the English Atmos track and DD track but convert the Japanese LPCM 2.0 to FLAC.
In the past I have just ripped the content twice, once with copied audio and once with FLAC converted audio and then put both those files into MKVToolNix and rmeux it but that gobbles up all the space on my 256GB SSD and is a huge waste of time if I can get MakeMKV to just convert LPCM only to FLAC.

https://pasteboard.co/Jt8TlBN.png
morbius

Re: Only convert LPCM to FLAC

Post by morbius »

I'm on Windows and there is no need to re-build the .tar file. I extracted the FLAC profile and saved my own edited version, e.g. "MyFLAC.mmcp.xml" to C:\users\...\.MakeMKV and with expert mode enabled in MakeMKV, I simply select my personal FLAC profile from the drop-down list. I needed the missing FLAC conversion option "DTS-multi" for a one-off project, and this worked well.
bkontrarian

Re: Only convert LPCM to FLAC

Post by bkontrarian »

Thank you so much, that worked perfectly!