Non-Blue Ray ISO's to MakeMKV...

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
IHearIT

Non-Blue Ray ISO's to MakeMKV...

Post by IHearIT »

I have around 450 DVD titles in ISO files (not Blue Ray's) of my DVD collection I made over the years. Is there a batch method of converting the ISOs files to MakeMKV files, or does PLEX (my media server of shoice) have an option to use an ISO files? This use to work great with MyMovies, but I no longer use this as my media server.

Thanks in advance!
Woodstock

Re: Non-Blue Ray ISO's to MakeMKV...

Post by Woodstock »

There have been a few command line batch programs posted here over the years, but I don't remember any specific ones, as I haven't tried them.

Also, have the ISOs already had the encryption removed? If so, that expands the available tools.

Plex does not support ISO files, according to their documentation.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
IHearIT

Post by IHearIT »

Yes the ISOs are all de-crypted and I can simply mount the ISO in windows 10 and played on my computer just by using Windows media player or Video Lan Player. I'm working on a script that will mount the ISO and then use MakeMVK command line to create the MKV but I'm not having much success as of yet.

Thanks
IHearIT

Post by IHearIT »

I have found a few posts that cover this and still doing research. I update this post once I find out if I can get it working our not.

viewtopic.php?t=17138

Thanks
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Try MakeMKV Batch Converter. I used this when I originally transitioned from .iso (~2000) to .mkv. It occasionally failed a conversion, but succeeded on retry.
IHearIT

Post by IHearIT »

So a quick update... I create a vb.net GUI app that does what I need. The raw command line options didn't do exactly what I was looking for with out running the cmd file multiple times over and over again etc... then having to manually rename the mkv files to a proper title name for Plex. This way I can search all selected drives/folders/subfolders and find either .iso or .ifo files and convert them all at once, unattended. I've not tried this with files like TV shows that have multiple episodes, but I really don't have these in my library.

Thanks for the help!
Attachments
app1.JPG
app1.JPG (164.03 KiB) Viewed 16571 times
GaryGnu

Post by GaryGnu »

@ihearit I'd be grateful if you're willing to sure your batch file or point me in the right direction - I'm thinking of switching from Kodi to Plex - mostly for Bluray support - and since Plex won't handle my ripped DVD folders....
my other option is to see how i can get Kodi to handle bluray better - I'm still feeling my way around, but if i want plex to see my dvds, i need to convert to mkv or similar.
FWIW, I'd like to have the mkv stay in the dvd named folder - but i also saw i may need to rename. i have a bunch so that would take a long while. some of my rips include coming attractions, etc. so if i use intelligence (if i only had some!) i may be able to strip out the extras en masse, which i never look at anyway.
i'm starting to acclimate to giving up menus - i hate to do it, but i think i'd need java for bluray menus, and my streaming weapon of choice is an nvidia shield as i'm decommissiong my aging HTPC.
Thanks for any help.