Movies2MKV Converter

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
rc4ester

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by rc4ester »

Crapgame wrote:I am not good at command prompts so bear with me:

It looks like it shows-

Movies2MKVstarter.log. at System.IO__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorcode, String maybeFullPath)

there is additional information but this is the only area where is states an error.

I hope this helps.
It helps some, however, if you could pass rest of the contents, it'd help me find out where in the code. It isn't very long, is it? I'll also do some research into the error you gave me.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Crapgame wrote:I am not good at command prompts so bear with me:

It looks like it shows-

Movies2MKVstarter.log. at System.IO__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorcode, String maybeFullPath)

there is additional information but this is the only area where is states an error.

I hope this helps.
I have one other idea, to see what the problem could be:
  1. Open a command prompt
  2. type: java.exe -version
What are the results from that command? If that fails, do this:
  1. On the start menu, search for: Edit the system environment variables
  2. Click on the link that shows
  3. A dialog box will pop up, select: Environment Variables (button)
  4. Scroll through the system variables (not the user variable) and look for the variable called Path.
  5. Double click on the variable and a popup dialog will show up
  6. Scroll to the end of the text box and place a ; and then the path to the jre bin directory (Should be something like: C:\\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin).
  7. Hit the ok button on the Path variable
  8. Ok button on the Environment Variables
  9. Ok button on the System properties.
  10. Re-run the command above and see if it looks better
If it doesn't fail and you just want to get started, you can do the following:
  1. Open notepad
  2. Past this command into notepad: javaw.exe -Xms5012m -Xmx1024m -cp ".\*;.\lib\*;.\lib32\*" com.hom.r4.mkv.app.Movies2MKVConverter
  3. Save the file as m2m.bat
  4. Copy the file to the following directory: C:\\Program Files (x86)\Movie2MKV Converter
  5. Once copied, you can make a shortcut to it on your desktop by right clicking on the file -> Send to -> Desktop (Create shortcut)
Hopefully this will at least get you started. Please let me know. If you give me the start log, I'll work on the issue to resolve it.
Crapgame

Post by Crapgame »

Java doesn't look like it failed but when I installed your shortcut I received another typeof error and couldn't run the program.

So I started a command prompt and ran Movies2MKV Converter that way and here is where I think the problem is:

Error starting application:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Office\AppData\Roaming\Movies2MKV Converter\logs\Movies2MKVStarter.log' at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorcode, String maybeFullPath)

Does this help?
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Crapgame wrote:Java doesn't look like it failed but when I installed your shortcut I received another typeof error and couldn't run the program.

So I started a command prompt and ran Movies2MKV Converter that way and here is where I think the problem is:

Error starting application:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Office\AppData\Roaming\Movies2MKV Converter\logs\Movies2MKVStarter.log' at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorcode, String maybeFullPath)

Does this help?

Yes, actually that does help. I know what I need to do now. I'll get this change to you tonight.
jonno

Post by jonno »

hi,

followed the thread and I'm pretty much like everyone else, 100's of Bluray ISO's (all decrypted) wanting to convert to MKV. Downloaded your app, and the java runtime today onto 64-bit Windoze, I get the dos prompt that exits and the program terminates.

If I launch from an admin command prompt I get a modal dialog box entitled "Java Virtual Machine Launcher" with the error messages

"Error: could not create the Java Virtual Machine"
"Error: A fatal exception occurred. Program will exit"

Any help greatly appreciated

Jonno
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

jonno wrote:hi,

followed the thread and I'm pretty much like everyone else, 100's of Bluray ISO's (all decrypted) wanting to convert to MKV. Downloaded your app, and the java runtime today onto 64-bit Windoze, I get the dos prompt that exits and the program terminates.

If I launch from an admin command prompt I get a modal dialog box entitled "Java Virtual Machine Launcher" with the error messages

"Error: could not create the Java Virtual Machine"
"Error: A fatal exception occurred. Program will exit"

Any help greatly appreciated

Jonno
I know what the issue is, I'll fix tonight
Crapgame

Post by Crapgame »

Thanks Jonno - I wish I could have summed it up that easy.

Thanks a ton rc4ester for your assistance!! Looking forward to using the software!!
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Ok, I have the new fix out there. For those of you I've been helping, crapgame and jonno, I believe I have fixed the start-up issue. Please uninstall the version you have and re-download the newest version. When you install that one, it should work.
jonno

Post by jonno »

Awesome - thanks rc4ester :D

I'll give is a shot and report back to the group

Jonno
jonno

Post by jonno »

All,

Well so far, so good. Cranked the thread count up to 5 and made sure I'd got makemkv preferences setup. Set the converter hunting movies and it successfully came back with 54 off my first disk. I've hit the convert button and am watching the performance monitor.

On a 3.2 GHz AMD Phenom II hex core 1090T, with 5 simultaneous conversions underway I'm averaging 44% cpu utilisation, the source and destination storage is on a USB 2.0 connected Drobo one separate 3TB disks and I've a nice "alpine" write pattern, with some big "valleys".

I'll stop the conversion when the first 5 finish, check the output is as expected, crank up the thread count to 10 and hit it!!! 8)

Thanks again

Jonno
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

jonno wrote:All,

Well so far, so good. Cranked the thread count up to 5 and made sure I'd got makemkv preferences setup. Set the converter hunting movies and it successfully came back with 54 off my first disk. I've hit the convert button and am watching the performance monitor.

On a 3.2 GHz AMD Phenom II hex core 1090T, with 5 simultaneous conversions underway I'm averaging 44% cpu utilisation, the source and destination storage is on a USB 2.0 connected Drobo one separate 3TB disks and I've a nice "alpine" write pattern, with some big "valleys".

I'll stop the conversion when the first 5 finish, check the output is as expected, crank up the thread count to 10 and hit it!!! 8)

Thanks again

Jonno
That's great! Let me know how it goes with 10 concurrent conversions. :-)
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

I'm contemplating re-writing this application in .NET vs Java. Does anyone thing this would be worthwhile?
Crapgame

Post by Crapgame »

Unfortunately I am not having the same luck. I may be downloading from the wrong location. When I download and run I get a blank command prompt and nothing happens. If I try to run the program again it displays a quick blank command prompt and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Jonno seems to have the program working.....
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Crapgame wrote:Unfortunately I am not having the same luck. I may be downloading from the wrong location. When I download and run I get a blank command prompt and nothing happens. If I try to run the program again it displays a quick blank command prompt and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Jonno seems to have the program working.....
If you run in debug, what does the error say?
Crapgame

Post by Crapgame »

Please forgive me. I am not good with computer language.

How do I use the debug in the command prompt?