[FEATURE REQ / BUG?] makemkvcon accesses all optical drives no matter what is specified on the CLI to use

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
enigma_0z

[FEATURE REQ / BUG?] makemkvcon accesses all optical drives no matter what is specified on the CLI to use

Post by enigma_0z »

Title says it.

I have two optical drives hooked up to my system to rip more disks faster, and am working on a python script to automate importing data from my physical media to a storage server.

The (minor) problem is that when one drive is occupied ripping a disc and I load the other drive, both drives pause when a an instance of `mkmkvcon` is invoked while it reads both drives' properties. It'd be better optimized if, when `disk:n` or `dev:x` is specified on the CLI, only the specified drive is loaded/accessed.

Is this expected behavior, and if not, could it be added?
dcoke22

Re: [FEATURE REQ / BUG?] makemkvcon accesses all optical drives no matter what is specified on the CLI to use

Post by dcoke22 »

I don't generally use MakeMKV from the command line, but in MakeMKV's preferences there's a setting called 'Ask for single drive mode' that makes an instance of MakeMKV only access one drive. With this turned on, you can run two instances of MakeMKV against separate drives and they won't interfere with each other. I do not know how this translates to the CLI.