Default output file name template

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
RealFezzik

Re: Default output file name template

Post by RealFezzik »

I've searched this forum but I don't think this is currently possible, so maybe this is a feature request? Would it be possible to allow the output template variables to include the title's duration?

This would very useful for making it easier to identify extras post-copy. Without this, if you have the extras duration, you currently have to do this pre-copy (when the duration is visible in the GUI).
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

If you select the Details view in Windows Explorer you can add the column Length to the details and Windows should load the length from the file itself.
wrldtvlr

Post by wrldtvlr »

Woodstock wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:29 am
Do you have Expert mode turned on? Preferences->General, make sure Expert mode is checked.

Then the Advanced tab will be available, and the template is the third text entry box.
I realize this is an older post, but somewhere in one of the more recent releases, my rip title format has changed. There doesn't seem to be an Expert checkbox on the Advance tab, so I see no way to change the template.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

wrldtvlr wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:41 pm
I realize this is an older post, but somewhere in one of the more recent releases, my rip title format has changed. There doesn't seem to be an Expert checkbox on the Advance tab, so I see no way to change the template.
The Export Mode checkbox is on the General tab in Preferences.
wrldtvlr

Post by wrldtvlr »

dcoke22 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:20 am
The Expert Mode checkbox is on the General tab in Preferences.
Yes, it is. I was just blind and missed it. Thank you.
multimax

Post by multimax »

I'm trying to convert .iso movie titles with no metadata it would seem. Doing multiple converts to mkv would over-write the same output file generic name. I wish there was a parameter that could just put a timestamp in the output, or anything that would create something unique each time - or simply not over-write the previous .mkv creation.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

multimax wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:52 pm
I'm trying to convert .iso movie titles with no metadata it would seem. Doing multiple converts to mkv would over-write the same output file generic name. I wish there was a parameter that could just put a timestamp in the output, or anything that would create something unique each time - or simply not over-write the previous .mkv creation.
Aren't there date & time name template variables? See the first post in this thread.