Can't find usable optical drive

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
boowho

Can't find usable optical drive

Post by boowho »

Using the following Windows 10 batch file command: \users\bill\makemkvcon64.exe iso:\Users\bill\AmericanPresident.iso \Users\bill\AmericanPresident\

As you can see no optical drive is referenced in the entire command.

I'm simply trying to convert an iso on a hard drive in \users\bill to an MKV file onto the same drive in \users\bill\AmericanPresident.

I can attach the complete batch file if that would help anyone wanting to look at my problem.

Help??

THANKS!!!!
MartyMcNuts

Re: Can't find usable optical drive

Post by MartyMcNuts »

boowho wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:15 pm
Using the following Windows 10 batch file command: \users\bill\makemkvcon64.exe iso:\Users\bill\AmericanPresident.iso \Users\bill\AmericanPresident\

As you can see no optical drive is referenced in the entire command.

I'm simply trying to convert an iso on a hard drive in \users\bill to an MKV file onto the same drive in \users\bill\AmericanPresident.

I can attach the complete batch file if that would help anyone wanting to look at my problem.

Help??

THANKS!!!!
The ISO needs to be mounted on a virtual drive. MakeMKV doesn't work directly with ISO files, only discs (or virtual discs). Try VirtualCloneDrive. It's free and easy.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:42 pm
The ISO needs to be mounted on a virtual drive. MakeMKV doesn't work directly with ISO files, only discs (or virtual discs). Try VirtualCloneDrive. It's free and easy.
I need to reluctantly disagree w/ you here. MakeMKV does just fine w/ unmounted .iso files. Just opened one as a test (in case memory was failing in my dotage). Batch converted >1000 of 'em years ago. I suspect something is off w/ the cmd line. YMMV
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

d00zah wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:03 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:42 pm
I need to reluctantly disagree w/ you here. MakeMKV does just fine w/ unmounted .iso files. Just opened one as a test (in case memory was failing in my dotage). Batch converted >1000 of 'em years ago. I suspect something is off w/ the cmd line. YMMV
You could be right there d00zah. I don't think I've ever tried to open one. I always mount them as I didn't think it was possible with MakeMKV.

If that's the case, you would probably need to see boowho's batch file.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Based on:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV>makemkvcon64.exe
Use: makemkvcon [switches] Command [Parameters]

Commands:
  info <source>
      prints info about disc
  mkv <source> <title id> <destination folder>
      saves a single title to mkv file
  backup <source> <destination folder>
      backs up disc to a hard drive
  f <args>
      run universal firmware tool

Source specification:
  iso:<FileName>    - open iso image <FileName>
  file:<FolderName> - open files in folder <FolderName>
  disc:<DiscId>     - open disc with id <DiscId> (see list Command)
  dev:<DeviceName>  - open disc with OS device name <DeviceName>

Switches:
  -r --robot        - turn on "robot" mode, see http://www.makemkv.com/developers
the OP's cmd line example is missing :

C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV>makemkvcon64.exe mkv iso:"D:\NewStuff\[ISO]\Alita- Battle Angel (2019)\Alita- Battle Angel (2019).i
so" 1 "D:\NewStuff\[ISO2MKV]"
MakeMKV v1.16.5 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #0 does not match one in IFO header.
Title #1 has length of 420 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Cells 48-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Complex multiplex encountered - 3 cells and 101 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be
 avoided.
Title #2 was added (41 cell(s), 2:01:33)
Angle #2 was added for title #2
Angle #3 was added for title #2
Title #4/1 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/2 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/3 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/4 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/5 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/6 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/7 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/8 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/9 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/10 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/11 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/12 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/13 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #6 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #7 has length of 10 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #8 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #9/2 has length of 4 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #10 has length of 8 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #31 has length of 306 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #32 has length of 200 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #33 has length of 149 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #34 has length of 173 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #36 has length of 1247 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Operation successfully completed
Saving 1 titles into directory file://D:\NewStuff\[ISO2MKV]
1 titles saved
Copy complete. 1 titles saved.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

d00zah wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:41 pm
Based on:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV>makemkvcon64.exe
Use: makemkvcon [switches] Command [Parameters]

Commands:
  info <source>
      prints info about disc
  backup <source> <destination folder>
      backs up disc to a hard drive
  f <args>
      run universal firmware tool

Source specification:
  iso:<FileName>    - open iso image <FileName>
  file:<FolderName> - open files in folder <FolderName>
  disc:<DiscId>     - open disc with id <DiscId> (see list Command)
  dev:<DeviceName>  - open disc with OS device name <DeviceName>

Switches:
  -r --robot        - turn on "robot" mode, see http://www.makemkv.com/developers
the OP's cmd line example is missing :

C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV>makemkvcon64.exe mkv iso:"D:\NewStuff\[ISO]\Alita- Battle Angel (2019)\Alita- Battle Angel (2019).i
so" 1 "D:\NewStuff\[ISO2MKV]"
MakeMKV v1.16.5 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #0 does not match one in IFO header.
Title #1 has length of 420 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Cells 48-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Complex multiplex encountered - 3 cells and 101 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be
 avoided.
Title #2 was added (41 cell(s), 2:01:33)
Angle #2 was added for title #2
Angle #3 was added for title #2
Title #4/1 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/2 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/3 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/4 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/5 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/6 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/7 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/8 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/9 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/10 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/11 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/12 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4/13 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #6 has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #7 has length of 10 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #8 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #9/2 has length of 4 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #10 has length of 8 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #31 has length of 306 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #32 has length of 200 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #33 has length of 149 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #34 has length of 173 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #36 has length of 1247 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 1500 seconds and was therefore skipped
Operation successfully completed
Saving 1 titles into directory file://D:\NewStuff\[ISO2MKV]
1 titles saved
Copy complete. 1 titles saved.
Good to know, d00zah! Hopefully that will help out boowho.
boowho

Post by boowho »

Thanks to ALL of you responded with helpful ideas.

However I found a front end GUI that handled batchmkvcon64 just fine so I went with that.

Started it last night before bed and viola! woke up with 85 iso's converted this morning.

Thanks again everybody....