unable to make .mkv 3D from .iso Bluray 3D

Everything related to MakeMKV
sergio31

unable to make .mkv 3D from .iso Bluray 3D

Post by sergio31 »

Hi,

I would like to make a 3D .mkv lossless from an .iso 3D bluray .
I opened the .iso with make MKV, and I ended up with three 3D video stream. The problem is that by launching the software, I obtained 3 .mkv which are 2D ! ( By joining these three files mkvmerge , I got a 100 GB file that will not open ) .

I managed to create a 3D (sbs) .mkv file from the same .iso file with DVDFab which works on my 3D TV ( USB connection), but I got a Rip (3D .mkv weights 10GB whereas 3D .iso weights 30 GB) .

It looks as if MakeMKV did not allow access to the .ssib file containing 3D information ( MakeMKV working from the .m2ts file) , while DVDFab works from this .ssib file.

Is there thus a way to create a 3D remux mkv from a full image BluRay 3D with MakeMKV ?
Woodstock

Re: unable to make .mkv 3D from .iso Bluray 3D

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV does not select the 3D track by default; you have to select it. RIGHT click on the little triangle next to the title in question in the left hand window, and look for the "MVC" track. Check it to select it.
sergio31

Post by sergio31 »

Thanks for your reply, but I already checked Mpeg4-MVC-3D track before making MKV.

If I open .mkv file obtained with MakeMKV from full iso 3D Bluray with Steoroscopic player, then connect my notebook to my 3D TV with a 1.4 HDMI cable, should I be able to watch video in 3D ?
sergio31

Post by sergio31 »

Hi,

MakeMKV is unuseful : not only Samsung 3D TV can't read MKV with MVC inside, but also Samsung 3D TV can read M2TS.

So I solved the problem this way : I mounted the 3D Bluray iso file and in STREAM folder, I opened the .ssib folder. I took the biggest .ssib file (34 Gb) and converted it to .m2ts with TSMuxer : conversion took one hour, and after that I put .m2ts file on an external hard disk that I connected on my TV with USB port. 3D was activated as soon as TV switched on. I just had to change Left/Right Eyes on TV to have a nice display.
madeinlisboa

Post by madeinlisboa »

Thanks! What a great solution! And tsMuxer ignores bad sectors unlike MakeMKV. I used BDinfo to determine which was the main video track and tsMuxer did the rest. Perfect.