Downloading 1.9 but in software it says 1.8.13

Everything related to MakeMKV
grasshopper22

Downloading 1.9 but in software it says 1.8.13

Post by grasshopper22 »

I tried to submit a photo but I'm getting a message "the board attachment quota has been reached"

Anyway, I've downloaded and installed version 1.9 because I'm getting a message backing up a movie "SVQ in C:\Users\Robert/.MakeMKV/00000102.svq can't be processed by this version, please download latest program version from /"

Well the install file is called "setup_makemkv_v.1.9.0" and in my windows programs list it shows version 1.9 but in the makemkv software under the about tab it still says version 1.8.13 and i'm still getting the SVQ error above when I backup a movie.

What gives?
Woodstock

Re: Downloading 1.9 but in software it says 1.8.13

Post by Woodstock »

If the Help->About still says 1.8.13, you did not get a proper install of the software. Most likely cause is that either 1.8.13 was running when you attempted the install, or there was a permissions problem when the installer tried to remove the old copy.

Do an uninstall, then install 1.9.0 again.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
grasshopper22

Post by grasshopper22 »

I actually tried doing an uninstall and reinstall. It still says 1.8.13.
TheLaw612

Post by TheLaw612 »

I am having this same issue. I've uninstalled before beginning the installation and it still says the 1.9 install is 1.8.13.
Mark0x01

Post by Mark0x01 »

Have you tried run as administrator ?
Thekid

Post by Thekid »

I wonder why Mike is not responding here, nothing was added from the old version.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Mike isn't on the board all the time. I suspect it is because he has a life outside of MakeMKV... :)

Fastest way to get a response, though, is via email to support@makemkv.com .

It comes down to something is preventing the overwrite of at least one file, makemkv.exe.

Try this - run the install, but click on "Cancel" instead of "OK" when prompted to remove the old version. When you get to "Chose Install Location", give a DIFFERENT Destination folder than the default. Finish the install. Run MakeMKV from this different destination. It should report the proper version number.

You can have multiple versions of MakeMKV installed, so long as they aren't in the same directory. This is helpful if one version has a bug that affects what you're doing, but an older version doesn't. You would be taking advantage of that right now because your operating system is preventing the update of the old version for some reason.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging