American Hustle BD - Which Playlist

Everything related to MakeMKV
geogan

American Hustle BD - Which Playlist

Post by geogan »

I am having trouble with this one. It contains many, many playlists - the usual protection (same title length, correct chapters count etc.) but.... unlike Hunger Games which uses Java BD protection on its many playlists and so AnyDVD can tell which is a good playlist, this title doesn't appear to be using Java BD and so AnyDVD does not give any suggestion for a good playlist at all.

I tried two with correct title length and watched first 20 minutes of film - they have inserted the scene with Bradley Coooper talking to his mother in hair-rollers twice in first twenty minutes! Someone obviously having a laugh there inserting the most WTF scenes in wrong places!... (I have watched original Bluray on PS3 so I know the correct film sequence)

So if it's not using Java BD how does the player know which playlist to use?
Jabes

Re: American Hustle BD - Which Playlist

Post by Jabes »

I have bought this and wonder if anyone else can tell me which mpls file, otherwise I will play on my blu ray player and find chapters etc and report back
geogan

Post by geogan »

It is really pointless for anyone to tell you eg. it's playlist 808 or 835, because this disc appears to have been made with many different playlists so what works for someone else will most likely not be right for your disc.

Usually if the protection is what's called Java BD then some programs will decode it and tell the correct one for your disc but for this one they don't which means it doesn't use this or programs haven't been updated to handle it at least.

The manual method people have been using doesn't seem to work for this either because the numbered files don't begin on chapter boundaries so it's not easy to figure out which file comes next in playlist (unless you already saw the film so know the correct scene sequence and want to watch all the files and piece them together yourself)
Jabes

Post by Jabes »

Ok.

Here's what I did - I ran process monitor on windows and filtered for .m2ts files only and played the film on fast forward. I wrote down the .m2ts files and found the playlist which had them all. This was extremely time consuming, but I verified the file was the same as the blu ray by skipping the chapters on my player compared to my .mkv file

Best wishes
James
VideoJunkie888

Post by VideoJunkie888 »

Hi, New Member here :D

Does anyone know the (official) precise running time of American Hustle Blu-ray?
... both the "minutes AND seconds?" (rather than just a vague ~approx. 138 mins :?: )

This might narrow down the search...

Also a query for long-time MakeMKV users.... Do these sorts of issues generally get fixed with newer updates of MakeMKV?

...or

...is this multiple (fake/jumbled) instances of a movie title on one blu-ray disc... simply a protection-system beyond MakeMKV's capabilities to address (future beta updates regardless)...

Because (if so,) this could become a serious problem - if more discs begin adopting this technique!

And would probably impact the uptake of MakeMKV subscriptions/registrations. :?
VideoJunkie888

Post by VideoJunkie888 »

Jabes wrote:Ok.

Here's what I did - I ran process monitor on windows and filtered for .m2ts files only
What steps do you have to take within ProcMon to acheive this?

I see the filter section, but don't know what category to filter for .m2ts in.

Help is appreciated, Thanx :(
Heartless_King

Post by Heartless_King »

Any progress with this particular title?

I've having the same trouble and would like to know which is the correct chapter?
freelunch

Post by freelunch »

Hi. First post. I know I'm seven years late to the party, but thought I'd share how I solved this problem:

I opened the Blu-ray disc with AnyMP4 Mac Blu-ray Player. When playing the film, I saw the film time was 2.14:20 and there were 13 chapters.

There is only one title that is that time. Happens to be the first 30+Gb title you come to.