makemkvcon is not extracting all audio streams

Everything related to MakeMKV
Donny Bahama

makemkvcon is not extracting all audio streams

Post by Donny Bahama »

I'm working with The Incredible Hulk (2008). If I open it up in Handbrake, it shows me 6 audio tracks- DTS in English, Spanish and French, 2 English AC3 tracks, and 1 English DTS-HD MA track. I run

Code: Select all

makemkvcon --minlength=3600 -r --decrypt --directio=true mkv disc:0 all .
and when it's finished and I open up the resulting mkv file in Handbrake and look at the audio tracks, it only gives me the 3 DTS tracks.

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong, here?
mike admin

Re: makemkvcon is not extracting all audio streams

Post by mike admin »

Not all tracks are slected by default - you need to change default selection rule, either in preferences or in profile.
Donny Bahama

Post by Donny Bahama »

OK, but I'm struggling to use profiles. I posted some questions but no one has responded. I downloaded the "profile1.mmcp.xml" template that was posted in one of the threads, and I modified the selection rule in the default section, but when I try to use it:

Code: Select all

makemkvcon --minlength=3600 -r --decrypt --directio=true --profile=/media/rip.tmp/prefer-multi-lossless.xml mkv disc:0 all .
I get the following:
"Profile parsing error: output format invalid","Profile parsing error: %1","output format invalid"
Failed to load profile from file '/media/rip.tmp/prefer-multi-lossless.xml', using default
Donny Bahama

Post by Donny Bahama »

Through much trial and error, I have gotten beyond this point, so please disregard this thread.