ADMIN!!!

Everything related to MakeMKV
ndjamena

ADMIN!!!

Post by ndjamena »

I'm having a discussion over at the WDTV Live Forums. It appears the WDTV Live SMP is failing to bit stream 6.1 DTS-MA and is somehow detecting it as DTS-HRA. If remuxed into a M2TS container the files are detected as DTS-MA and play perfectly. I'd just like to make sure this can't be a problem with MakeMKV before I make an arse of myself.
Chetwood

Re: ADMIN!!!

Post by Chetwood »

How about ripping with DVDFab and muxing with MKVMerge to rule out it's an MakeMKV issue?
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Or use mediainfo on MKV or M2TS, to see if it is MA or HRA stream. Please note that both are DTS-HD.
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

It IS DTS-MA, it says so on the case. MediaInfo says DTS-MA, but it may have a different way of detecting it than the WDTV, MKVMerge may just copy the info from the original file and TSMuxer may change it. I could try DVDFab + MKVMerge. I'm pretty sure it's a WDTV problem since it won't play 6.1 FLAC in an MKV at all, but it's an assumption that the issues are connected and I need to cover all my bases. It's just 6.1 in MKV, all other layouts work fine.
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

In case anyone is wondering, I ripped Blade into an MKV with DVDFab and it showed exactly the same problem. One thing we did learn was that the affected Blu-rays we had on hand all had DTS-ES cores which may be a factor. Currently the only way to view such movies on a WDTV Live SMP at anywhere near lossless quality is to re-encode the tracks to 16bit 7.1 FLAC using Eac3to (Or Remux them in M2TS files: but this is the MakeMKV forum!)