Backup to ISO or rebuild SSIF

Everything related to MakeMKV
Nico83500

Backup to ISO or rebuild SSIF

Post by Nico83500 »

Hi,
Do you think it would possible to add an option to backup to ISO ? So it would perhaps possible to keep SSIF files on 3D Blu ray...
Or have you made a solution to rebuild SSIF files on Windows ?
Thanks !
mike admin

Re: Backup to ISO or rebuild SSIF

Post by mike admin »

There are numerous ways to rebuild SSIF files from MakeMKVs ssif.txt files. I believe somebody even wrote a tool to do so.
Nico83500

Post by Nico83500 »

Thanks but I don't find any way to rebuild SSIF... The only solution I have found seems to be for Linux.

Another question : when I use Decrypt file with Backup disc, decryption method is equivalent to AnyDVD or DVDFab ? Does MakeMKV output decrypted files are the same than others softs ?

Thanks !
MatthieuM

Post by MatthieuM »

I know this is an old thread but I thought that I would still check if a resolution to the matter of rebuilding the ssif from the ssif.map that MakeMkv produces actually is possible ?

I made folder backups of 3D bdray discs using MakeMkv but realised my player will not accept the BDMV structure.

Instead. I would like to revert to an ISO container but the ssif having been changed to ssif.smap, it is not clear to me what tool can now be used to revert to the original ISO/UDF ssif Formats ?

If you can help that would be great.
MatthieuM

Post by MatthieuM »

mike admin wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:39 pm
There are numerous ways to rebuild SSIF files from MakeMKVs ssif.txt files. I believe somebody even wrote a tool to do so.
Hi Mike. Long time since that thread was opened...Do you believe that there is a Windows tool to rebuild the ssif from the ssif.smap ?