Sequence/Order and Defaults for Audio and Subtitles

Everything related to MakeMKV
cbscpe

Sequence/Order and Defaults for Audio and Subtitles

Post by cbscpe »

Hi,

I often want to keep several language and subtitle tracks but most of the time I don't want the first audio track to be the default track and also in most cases I don't want any subtitles active when I play the movies. It would be very usefull to be able to change the order of the audio and subtitle tracks and not only to check and uncheck them. Also it would be nice to have an option to show or not show subtitles per default when the movie is played. Now I always have to use the header editor of Mkvtoolnix. Also could you please change the language code for german subtitles and audio tracks from deu to ger as deu is not always recognized by players as German (I know this is an issue of the players and not MakeMKV as deu and ger are valid) or make it an option (there are other languages which have multiple abbreviations and can lead to problems, but this is the one I use most)

Thanks
mike admin

Re: Sequence/Order and Defaults for Audio and Subtitles

Post by mike admin »

Thanks for suggestions!

Iso 639-3 shows "deu" as preferred over "ger" so the program just followed. It can be easily changed but please just confirm that always changing "deu" to "ger" will not break anything (that you know about :) )
cbscpe

Re: Sequence/Order and Defaults for Audio and Subtitles

Post by cbscpe »

You're right deu is the preferred form. It only seems that most opensource programs, and specifically mkvtoolnix, do not understand deu. (The display it as "und" undefined). So this point is more a problem of the others than MakeMKV. I can confirm that at least the devices and players I tested (VLC, Perian, WDTV, PoPCorn Hour) understand "ger" as well and display the correct language name when selecting the audio-track. However this is no guarantee that this will be correct for other players. So how about a preference option to set the abbreviation for languages like "german" that have more than one valid 639-3 tag?