Question about Blu Ray rip - Meet the Robinsons

Everything related to MakeMKV
monkeysnax

Question about Blu Ray rip - Meet the Robinsons

Post by monkeysnax »

Hello! I have been enjoying this program immensely however I have an issue with my first Blu Ray rip attempt using the Blu Ray drive on my PC. Basically the movie rips to an mkv file fine (and looks beautiful) however the audio is nothing but static. I've done a straight rip with MakeMKV and I've also ripped the disc's contents to my hard drive with AnyDVDHD and then used MakeMKV from there with the same results. I'm thinking since it does the same thing both ways it's not a copy protection issue.

My goal with this is to back up all our kid's DVD's to an external hard drive to be played with my WDTV device (to be possibly replaced with something newer / better in the near future) and I've made good progress. Any thoughts on the Blu Ray audio issue? This is my first attempt with Blu Ray and the whole concept of media streamer's / players is fairly new to me as well. thanks for any help provided!
monkeysnax

Re: Question about Blu Ray rip - Meet the Robinsons

Post by monkeysnax »

Ok, so I'm guessing everyone has been laughing at me :)

I just noticed the "plus" mark beside the main title, when i expanded it I noticed only 6.1 DD audio was selected. I'm running it again with 2.0 audio selected :O
monkeysnax

Post by monkeysnax »

Yeah so that didn't work either.... The 2.0 audio has the commentary enabled, it works but it's way to distracting. Any thoughts on what my issue might be?
Cave Man

Post by Cave Man »

I have successfully ripped Meet the Robinsons from Blu-ray using AnyDVD HD. I seem to recall it was fragmented, so I had to open the correct playlist in tsumuxer. This playlist was identified by BDinfo app on the Windows side. After ripping, I ran it through Handbrake to generate an m4v container.
monkeysnax

Post by monkeysnax »

Sorry it took so long to reply to this Caveman but thanks for the info :)

I've attempted to walk through the steps you listed below with those applications however I'm not sure what I'm looking at. With BDinfo how do I determine which playlist is the correct one? I'm thinking the LPCM one is what I should stay away from however I'm not 100% sure.
Cave Man

Post by Cave Man »

The playlist file should be the one that's about 95 minutes long. Usually the longest duration playlist on a disc is the main feature.