Suggestion : double preferred language

Everything related to MakeMKV
alex928gt

Suggestion : double preferred language

Post by alex928gt »

Hi all,

I'm an old registered used of MakeMKV which I find great.

I however had a suggestion to improve my use of this great tool. I'm French and I always create mkv files using both original (ie most frequently English) and French audio and both original and French subtitles. This way I can view movies in English with French subtitles and I also can have my kids see them with French audio or, when they are older, in English with French or even English subtitles.

I currently use English as "Preferred Language" in Preferences but I always also have to manually tick French audio and subtitles streams which is quite a burden.

Could it be possible to have the possibility in a future MakeMKV version to select two "Preferred Languages" for which both Audio and Subtitles would be selected by default?

Thanks a lot
Best regards,
Alex
twa000

Re: Suggestion : double preferred language

Post by twa000 »

alex928gt wrote:Hi all,

I currently use English as "Preferred Language" in Preferences but I always also have to manually tick French audio and subtitles streams which is quite a burden.

Could it be possible to have the possibility in a future MakeMKV version to select two "Preferred Languages" for which both Audio and Subtitles would be selected by default?

Thanks a lot
Best regards,
Alex
It has been possible for a few months, just go to view/preferences/advanced and change the defaults:
e.g. I pick up English and German, where favlang is English, so ...

-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|deu|nolang),-sel:(havemulti|havecore),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang

there is a thread started by Mike somewhere that describes the changes (it used to be one of the folder options), just Google !!
alex928gt

Re: Suggestion : double preferred language

Post by alex928gt »

Thanks a lot!

I first thought that I was going mad because I was not able to find the "Advanced" tab but that's because I first had to tick "Expert mode" in the General tab...

Great!
Thanks!
Alex