1.7.0 puts underscores in filename

Everything related to MakeMKV
jmonier

1.7.0 puts underscores in filename

Post by jmonier »

Even when I put spaces in the filename (and they continue to be shown there), the filename as written has underscores for all spaces. There is no need for this (at least in Windows) and it's a nuisance to have to edit the file name afterwards.
philnort

Re: 1.7.0 puts underscores in filename

Post by philnort »

jmonier wrote:Even when I put spaces in the filename (and they continue to be shown there), the filename as written has underscores for all spaces. There is no need for this (at least in Windows) and it's a nuisance to have to edit the file name afterwards.
Agree! I enthusiastically saw this was one of the new features (it had been brought up for over a year)....then to find out I still have to edit the output file....a bit disappointed!
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Will be fixed in the next version.
Bionic71

Post by Bionic71 »

Elements seems to be in progress.
Disappointed? MakeMKV is beta afterall.

It's Christmas Eve.. Relax .. I'm pretty sure there will be some finetuning after the holiday.
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

1.7.6 still replaces spaces with underscores. Is there an option that I've missed?

It also adds the track number (-t01 etc). I'd prefer that Makemkv not add anything to a user-supplied filename unless there is a filename collision.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

+1.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
jmonier

Post by jmonier »

TonyM wrote:1.7.6 still replaces spaces with underscores. Is there an option that I've missed?

It also adds the track number (-t01 etc). I'd prefer that Makemkv not add anything to a user-supplied filename unless there is a filename collision.
It works fine for me (and has ever since 1.7.1). Are you sure that you're not confusing the default file name with a user-supplied filename? The DEFAULT filename DOES still have the underscores (and the -t01 etc). In 1.7.0, when the USER entered a filename, spaces would be replaced by underscores, but that was fixed in 1.7.1. (And -t01, etc is NEVER added to a USER entered filename.)
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

My error. I just found out I was setting the name of the track, not the filename. When I set the filename for the track, everything is fine: no underscores or added -t00. I didn't notice that Name etc was a dropdown.