Could you please relax your pwd rules just a TAD?

Everything related to MakeMKV
SarasotaSlim

Could you please relax your pwd rules just a TAD?

Post by SarasotaSlim »

The rule you folks have, of ReQuIRinG mixedcase, is just a bit over the top, don't you think? :roll:

Consider that maybe some (many) of us might already have a pwd that we use, at the 25 or 50
or so places that existed, before you came along with your goofy rule.

e.g. so now, I'm gonna have to remember that, only at 'makemkv', my old password
pattern of 8-chars long, and does contain both digits and letters, but it happens that
all the letters are lowercase, just isn't gonna work here. (sigh).

If it were only me, I'd "fuhgetaboutit'.

But, my gut says that your rule is effecting LOTS of people, who like me, aren't gonna be too
happy that your folks decided to pioneer a new standard in password rules. :oops:

Am I asking too much????
H.264 codec and Veetle.com are very cool. 8)
[And, so is MKV container-format.] :)
Sion28

Re: Could you please relax your pwd rules just a TAD?

Post by Sion28 »

SarasotaSlim wrote:
But, my gut says that your rule is effecting LOTS of people, who like me, aren't gonna be too
happy that your folks decided to pioneer a new standard in password rules. :oops:

Am I asking too much????
It's affecting, btw, :) and yes you are asking too much. Personally, I'm amazed this is the first site you've come across that requires mixed case passwords. It's really quite common. You only need to capitalize one letter, you know. Just remember that some of the times your password has that one letter capitalized.

Oh, and congratulations on advertising the fact that you use the same password at dozens of sites. Hope none of them could lead one to your financial or personal identity information! :shock:
SarasotaSlim

Re: Could you please relax your pwd rules just a TAD?

Post by SarasotaSlim »

Sion28 wrote:
SarasotaSlim wrote:

Am I asking too much????
It's affecting, btw, :) and yes you are asking too much. Personally, I'm amazed this is the first site you've come across that requires mixed case passwords. It's really quite common. You only need to capitalize one letter, you know. Just remember that some of the times your password has that one letter capitalized.

Oh, and congratulations on advertising the fact that you use the same password at dozens of sites. Hope none of them could lead one to your financial or personal identity information! :shock:
I only use such a 'common pwd' on sites that don't matter that much. (forums/support-sites, etc)

I'm not dufus enough to use that common pwd for my bank/financials. :twisted:

As to your expectation that I 'should' have encountered other such sites requiring MIXED-case pwds,
actually the answer is YES, I have.

ONE other such site. So, now there's TWO such goofy sites out there...this one and one other.

The other thing I find objectionable about REQUIRING such a mixed-case, is that it is trying to
"FORCE" people to join some ill-conceived 'plan'. for our 'own good', right? As thou you (mistakenly)
think you doing us a FAVOR.

As I mentioned, trust me: You are NOT doing us a favor. Cut it out! :twisted: :evil:

[If 2% of the world does uses plan-B, and the other 98% has already 'standardized' on plan-A,
which plan does common sense tell you should be followed?]

I'll leave the answer 'as an exercise for the student'. :roll:
H.264 codec and Veetle.com are very cool. 8)
[And, so is MKV container-format.] :)