Feature Request: Subtitles are optional?

Everything related to MakeMKV
HTPCGab

Feature Request: Subtitles are optional?

Post by HTPCGab »

Hi MikeMKV,

Your program is working great for DVD TV series MKV rips but every MKV has subtitles. Playback on MPCHT allows me to turn them off via the language option but not the subtitle option. Playback via Media Player 11 won't allow me to turn off subtitles at all.

Is there something I am missing or not doing properly. The speed and ease of use makes this program this best TV show ripper but the "forced" subtitles is it's only con.

Are you considering adding a feature to not include subtitles?

Thank you for a great product and I look forward to your feedback.
HTPCGab
kdnoel

Re: Feature Request: Subtitles are optional?

Post by kdnoel »

I am new here and have ripped my first DVD... only to find out that it plays on my streaming media device with subtitles.

What have I done wrong? Is there a setting i am missing?

Love your product but I don't know how to use it and not get subtitles.

Kevin
skittle

Post by skittle »

Hi,
First... its your players problem that it will not turn off subtitles. Subtitles are optional, they can be turned off by default.
Second, you can completely disable subtitles by expanding the track, and scroll to a subtitle and rick click and *uncheck all*
kdnoel

Post by kdnoel »

Thanks so much for your response!

The streaming device is the Boxee Box from DLink and I thought it should control subtitles... it has an option in settings but doesn't matter if I tell it no subtitles. I have reported the issue on their forum as well.

The option in makemkv sounds like a good alternative to just not include subtitiles.

I am running the Linux version and after I get comfortable with it and resolve this problem I will purchase a key.

Great job and makemkv and I look forward to working with it!

Kevin
attilag78

Post by attilag78 »

kdnoel wrote:Thanks so much for your response!

The streaming device is the Boxee Box from DLink and I thought it should control subtitles... it has an option in settings but doesn't matter if I tell it no subtitles. I have reported the issue on their forum as well.

The option in makemkv sounds like a good alternative to just not include subtitiles.

I am running the Linux version and after I get comfortable with it and resolve this problem I will purchase a key.

Great job and makemkv and I look forward to working with it!

Kevin
While I haven't used the Boxee Box but the Boxee software definitely allows you to turn subtitles on/off at your will via the OSD (On Screen Display) menu.