Application failed to initialize

Everything related to MakeMKV
bill6996

Application failed to initialize

Post by bill6996 »

So, what am I doing wrong. I've uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled. Still same thing. Vista OS. Plenty of HDD space, RAM. Any help? Please?
twa000

Re: Application failed to initialize

Post by twa000 »

1) what version are you running?
2) does taskmgr (alt-ctrl-del) show anything started?
bill6996

Post by bill6996 »

Newest version. Just downloaded. Didn't look in task manager.
handsofjade

Post by handsofjade »

Getting the same problem. Happened after installing the latest version. Has worked perfectly fine up until now.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Are you talking about 1.6.12 or 1.6.13 ?
Sluft

Post by Sluft »

Me2. On MacBook Air i7 Lion failed, on MacBook Pro Snow Leopard works. Both 1.6.13
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please try the following:
1. Reboot computer
2. Reinstall latest MakeMKV

Launch MakeMKV and see if it fails again.
Sluft

Post by Sluft »

It falis again. The previous version works fine before I installed 1.6.13. If i use AppCleaner to remove the latest version, empty trash and reinstall a previous version, I get the same error.
Attachments
Crash Report.txt
(13.56 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
tourmaline

Post by tourmaline »

Same thing with me, wanted to buy eventually but now have to reconsider!
Tried everything but everytime my system hangs when starting makemkv...if i uninstall en delete all registery entries, then my system works like a charm!

MUST be makemkv 1.6.13...

Good thing i encounter these problems now while in beta, now i have to reconsider if makemkv is such a good product after all. I spent some days trying to make it work...It is a nice product when it works, but now wasted 3 days trying to make it work... :cry:
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

tourmaline wrote:Same thing with me, wanted to buy eventually but now have to reconsider!
Tried everything but everytime my system hangs when starting makemkv...if i uninstall en delete all registery entries, then my system works like a charm!

MUST be makemkv 1.6.13...

Good thing i encounter these problems now while in beta, now i have to reconsider if makemkv is such a good product after all. I spent some days trying to make it work...It is a nice product when it works, but now wasted 3 days trying to make it work... :cry:
Sorry about that. Normally MakeMKV works better than that. If you can, please do this as other poster did - http://www.makemkv.com/onlinehelp/dump.html
snakyjake

Post by snakyjake »

Same here.
Windows 7 x64
MakeMKV v1.6.13
Mortikai

Post by Mortikai »

I am having the same issues since the upgrade. Previous version worked perfectly. Now i can get the application to load, but when i click on open, it hangs. Sometimes i can cntrl alt delete and the open file screen will pop up, but then when i click a file to open it hangs again. i was able to get it to run a few times, but for the most part it has been extremely slow and randomly hangs.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Sluft wrote:It falis again. The previous version works fine before I installed 1.6.13. If i use AppCleaner to remove the latest version, empty trash and reinstall a previous version, I get the same error.
Thanks for the report, this is a bug in 1.6.13 and will be corrected soon. Please see the next message about application data directory for possible workaround.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Mortikai wrote:I am having the same issues since the upgrade. Previous version worked perfectly. Now i can get the application to load, but when i click on open, it hangs. Sometimes i can cntrl alt delete and the open file screen will pop up, but then when i click a file to open it hangs again. i was able to get it to run a few times, but for the most part it has been extremely slow and randomly hangs.
Please launch MakeMKV, go to preferences, (last) "General" tab. What is the value of "application data directory" and can you change it?