Forced subtitles

Everything related to MakeMKV
Simon514

Forced subtitles

Post by Simon514 »

Hello friends!

I have a really stupid question here but here it is... Is it possible to get rid of forced subtitles?

I just bought and rip a DVD that I thought was in French (it is) but since it's from the USA the audio is indeed in French but with big yellow subtitles that seems to be forced as it says none when I click subtiles...

I tried the rip I did on Plex and I tried the DVD in my Blu-Ray player and both says no subtitles available hence why I think it is forced...

Being French speaking those subtitles bothers me to no end...

Any way I can get rid of them?

Thanks!
d00zah

Re: Forced subtitles

Post by d00zah »

Simon514 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:08 pm
Hello friends!

I have a really stupid question here but here it is... Is it possible to get rid of forced subtitles?

I just bought and rip a DVD that I thought was in French (it is) but since it's from the USA the audio is indeed in French but with big yellow subtitles that seems to be forced as it says none when I click subtiles...

I tried the rip I did on Plex and I tried the DVD in my Blu-Ray player and both says no subtitles available hence why I think it is forced...

Being French speaking those subtitles bothers me to no end...

Any way I can get rid of them?

Thanks!
IF the player shows no selectable subtitle tracks, they may be 'burned in', in which case they are a permanent part of the video track.

MKVToolNix is a handy tool for adding/removing selectable tracks from an mkv container.
Simon514

Re: Forced subtitles

Post by Simon514 »

Yes I did tried it with MKVToolNix and got rid of the subtitles and same results as with MakeMKV... They are indeed burned in unfortunately...