"Please deactivate AnyDVD" - But AnyDVD is not installed.

Everything related to MakeMKV
mischa1981

"Please deactivate AnyDVD" - But AnyDVD is not installed.

Post by mischa1981 »

Hi there,

MakeMKV is in my opinion the best program for DVDs and BRs I have ever seen, but I'm having a serious problem with "AnyDVD", although it's not even installed. I have some BRs here and if I want to rip them to MKV and open the index file, the program always says that I should deinstall AnyDVD. Opening some BRs even takes up to 2 hours.

I also have Daemon Tools installed. Could it be possible that MakeMKV is mistaking DT for AnyDVD?

Thanks
mike admin

Re: "Please deactivate AnyDVD" - But AnyDVD is not installed

Post by mike admin »

It means that you're opening ISO or BDMV files ripped by AnyDVD . MakeMKV doesn't detect if AnyDVD is running, but it detects when files are already decrypted by AnyDVD.
medikoo

Re: "Please deactivate AnyDVD" - But AnyDVD is not installed.

Post by medikoo »

@mike admin, so what is the solution here?

I have bought a supposedly legit blu-ray which apparently has "!ANY" folder in it. When I try to back it up, I get misleading message that "AnyDVD" is running, which is nonsense. I'm on macOs and never had such software installed. When I say to rip the disc anyway I get bunch of errors.

Does it mean that such disc cannot be backed up by MakeMKV?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

You're asking about a response that is over 11 years old; many, many things have changed in that time.

What disk has a "!ANY" directory on it? It may be trying to defeat AnyDVD.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
medikoo

Post by medikoo »

@Woodstock It's "Naked Gun 2 1/2" -> https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09 ... UTF8&psc=1

But as I double checked, in package I got BD-R disc (not BD-ROM), so I'm going to return it. I don't think it can be a legal copy