Lionsgate Blu Ray Protection

Everything related to MakeMKV
brombo

Lionsgate Blu Ray Protection

Post by brombo »

I have the PBS blu ray disc "Prime Suspect 1973" which must have the Lionsgate protection system since makemkv sees many many identical files and it is not listing the primary ones. When I look at the disc using kodi and makemkv I still get hundreds of files listed however in kodi each file listing is followed by its duration. Each blu ray disc (there are two of them) contains three episode of the series and in kodi (which is using makemkv for decoding). I can distinguish which are the different files for the three episodes by looking at the episode duration that kodi lists. Each unique episode has a slightly different duration. If makemkv could have the option to sort files by duration it would be much easier for me to figure out which files to rip. The file numbering in the makemkv window is not the same as in the kodi window so for now my best option is to watch the blu ray on kodi (which is using the makemkv libraries) and select the correct episode based on the duration the kodi is showing.

P.S.: I bought the makemkv license years ago and have not been dissapointed.
dcoke22

Re: Lionsgate Blu Ray Protection

Post by dcoke22 »

Does Kodi tell you which .m2ts files you're watching or which .mpls file is associated with a title? You could use either of those things to find the right item in MakeMKV.