Two Suggestions...

Everything related to MakeMKV
hisdivineshadow

Two Suggestions...

Post by hisdivineshadow »

So with all the complications with Blu-Ray (like title numbers being different depending on what app you open a disk on), and the number of disks with deliberate obfuscation, I would like to make two suggestions...

It would be GREAT if there was a column in overview showing the time-length of each title (often, this is the only way to tell which is the actual main feature is to open it in a legit player and get the length - and then Rip the entire disk looking for one of the same length). Would be nice to be able to just see how long each title is.

Also, either the overview should start-off with all titles unchecked, OR should have an 'uncheck - all' function above the column, for the disks where there can be literally dozens of titles other than the main feature, that have to be unchecked before ripping.

Is a great app overall, but these would be good quality of life improvements.
Woodstock

Re: Two Suggestions...

Post by Woodstock »

For suggestion 2, try right-clicking on the left-side menu, and select "Unselect all".

For suggestion 1, the title length is available in the "Info" section, under "Title information". It isn't part of the left-hand menu, because it's from reading a different portion of the disk.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
thetoad

Re: Two Suggestions...

Post by thetoad »

Woodstock wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:59 pm
For suggestion 2, try right-clicking on the left-side menu, and select "Unselect all".

For suggestion 1, the title length is available in the "Info" section, under "Title information". It isn't part of the left-hand menu, because it's from reading a different portion of the disk.
To more concretize the request (as something I deal with) It would be nice if it was possible to sort the titles by length and playlist file name.

you know what playlist you want to rip, but finding it among the thousands is difficult (as not always in order). Therefore the ability to order by playlist file name would be valuable

you want to rip the extras (which are not normally obfuscated). you know the length, but a bit of finding a needle in a haystack to find them among all the obfuscated titles (i.e. easy to have eyes glaze over while scrolling through and miss it). Ordering by length (i.e. time, not data size), would make this much easier.