"Evaluation Expired" despite it says it'll in 2024 and order page broken

Everything related to MakeMKV
luxifer

"Evaluation Expired" despite it says it'll in 2024 and order page broken

Post by luxifer »

Hi there,

I've just updated MakeMKV to the latest beta but upon opening a disc, I get an error message about the evaluation period having expired. However, according to the "About" screen, I should be fine. Now, I'd be more than happy to just buy a license because I've used it before and it worked great and I'll have future uses for it every now and then, but alas, following the purchase link on the "buy" page, the store page also errors out.

I'm a bit at a loss as to where to go from here :D I'd love to use MakeMKV and even give you money for it but nothing works right now :/

Please advise
Woodstock

Re: "Evaluation Expired" despite it says it'll in 2024 and order page broken

Post by Woodstock »

Not sure what you're seeing. If you're still on the unregistered beta, and installed the latest beta key, your expiration would be the end of next month, not 2024.

If you did not put in the latest key, the beta key in the program expired at the end of September.

Did you put the key in from this message, or rely on the key that came with the program file?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
luxifer

Re: "Evaluation Expired" despite it says it'll in 2024 and order page broken

Post by luxifer »

Thanks woodstock - that was indeed the issue :) works like a charm now...

though I'd still prefer the order page to work so I could shoot the dev some money for a permanent license