Elemental/MakeMVK 1.17.5

Everything related to MakeMKV
timjtech

Elemental/MakeMVK 1.17.5

Post by timjtech »

Not sure where to put this but I thought I'd post it if something similar happens to someone else.

I tried to rip Elemental today with the last version of MMKV (1.17.4) however it froze after scanning the disk. Absolutely frozen, had to kill the PID. I closed the program and killed all the processes and decided to install the latest (MMKV 1.17.5).

After installing it I still couldn't get it to read the disk, getting all sorts of weird SCSI errors and worst of all the program itself seemed to freeze when I tried to open the preferences (View > Preferences). I even rebooted and tried just opening the preferences with no disk in the drive. This caused the application to completely freeze after clicking "Preferences". I restarted and verified that it would not let me view my preferences.

I ended up completely uninstalling MMKV, deleting my registry keys (HKCU\Software\MakeMKV) and reinstalled. Now it seems to be working fine.

Again, I hope nobody else has experienced this, but if they do a clean install seems to fix the issue.