Hotkey for selecting/deselecting file?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Tango

Hotkey for selecting/deselecting file?

Post by Tango »

When I have a list of files and can select and unselect them, and I can rename them, there's a text box for typing in a new file name or editing the current name for the selected file on the disc.

Is there any hot key so, while a file is selected, and I'm using the keyboard to edit the name, I can select or unselect the current file?

While going through the list and renaming files, my hands are on the keyboard. It would be a lot easier, and take less motion, if I could select or unselect a file with a hotkey rather than have to move my hands off the keyboard, to the mouse, and back.
Radiocomms237

Re: Hotkey for selecting/deselecting file?

Post by Radiocomms237 »

I just tried hitting the Tab key (four times) until you get back to the left pane and then using the spacebar, which in most other programs, should check and uncheck the line, but it doesn't seem to work in MakeMKV.

Maybe this should be a "Feature Request"?
Last edited by Radiocomms237 on Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

On the Mac I can often (but not always) press the space bar to select or unselect a highlighted title or item.
Tango

Post by Tango »

Radiocomms237 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:20 pm
I just tried hitting the Tab key (four times) until you get back to the left pane and then using the spacebar, which in most other programs, should check and uncheck the line, but it doesn't seem to work in MakeMKV.
Okay. A bit kludgy, but it works and not too hard to deal with. Usually the files that I don't want ripped are in the same place, like the beginning or the end of the list, so I don't need to do this and move up and down in the list a lot.
Maybe this should be a "Feature Request"?
I was wondering about that. I'm not sure that many other people would even care about it - apparently not enough, so far, that there was a reason to discuss it.

dcoke22 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:35 pm
On the Mac I can often (but not always) press the space bar to select or unselect a highlighted title or item.
While the text input is selected, it won't work, since space is a normal character you can put in a file name.