Trouble getting MakeMKV to recognize my Blu-ray

Everything related to MakeMKV
kiakranthi

Trouble getting MakeMKV to recognize my Blu-ray

Post by kiakranthi »

I am new to MakeMKV and I am experiencing an issue where the software is not recognizing my Blu-ray or DVD drive. I have tried the common troubleshooting steps of restarting my computer and unplugging and replugging the drive, but the issue persists. I would appreciate it if anyone could provide me with additional troubleshooting steps that may help me to resolve this issue.Furthermore, I am wondering if there are any compatibility issues with certain drive models that I should be aware of. Perhaps there are specific drivers or firmware updates that I need to install in order to get my drive recognized by MakeMKV. I am also curious about whether or not the issue could be related to any security settings on my computer.
Lastly, I am wondering if there are any settings within MakeMKV that could be causing the Network issue. Perhaps there are certain preferences or options that need to be adjusted in order for the software to recognize my drive. If anyone has had a similar experience with MakeMKV not recognizing their drive and has been able to successfully resolve the issue, I would greatly appreciate any advice or insights that you could provide.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Woodstock

Re: Trouble getting MakeMKV to recognize my Blu-ray

Post by Woodstock »

Knowing what TYPE of computer you have would be helpful. Mac? PC? Linux?

Each operating system will hide or expose drives according to its configuration.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging