Xbox Series X not reading Audio track

Everything related to MakeMKV
Wolfie

Xbox Series X not reading Audio track

Post by Wolfie »

Hey, everyone!

I am brand new to this world and just started ripping my physical library into a Plex server.
I am running into an issue where my Xbox running Plex will not read / play the audio files whereas VLC plays the audio on my PC no problem.

I have tried to use handbrake to convert but, I really do not like diminishing the quality of my rips.

I am not sure what information would be needed but I am ripping the main audio track, subtitles and forced subtitles.

Anyone have any advise or is able to tell me what I am doing wrong?

Along with that, I am planning on using a Raspberry Pi4 4GB to act as my server, would anyone know if the Xbox would require transcoding?

TIA! :)
dcoke22

Re: Xbox Series X not reading Audio track

Post by dcoke22 »

I don't have any experience with an XBOX as a Plex client. However, there's a program called MediaInfo that can tell you a lot about your .mkv files. I'd use that to look at the files that don't play properly to see if there's something common among them.

There are lots of weird things in home theater equipment. For example, the last few years of Samsung TVs don't decode DTS audio tracks.

In any case, if you can figure out a commonality between the files that don't work, you can use it as a starting point to determine if there's a limitation in your current setup and then overcome it in some way.