Folder access for the Mac

Everything related to MakeMKV
cazzie98

Folder access for the Mac

Post by cazzie98 »

Every time I create a file it need permission from mac to add the file to a folder. Is there a way to give MakeMKV permission so I dont have to give it permission every time?

Thanks
Woodstock

Re: Folder access for the Mac

Post by Woodstock »

Sounds like the folder has permissions set to "ask" for write ability, which is separate from MakeMKV permissions.

Does it do it for ALL folders, or just certain ones?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

You probably need to grant Full Disk Access to MakeMKV in the Security & Privacy pane in System Preferences.

Some additional links about full disk access.
macOS Mojave: For app permissions, what’s the difference between Accessibility and Full Disk Access?

MANUALLY GRANTING APPLICATIONS FULL DISK ACCESS IN MACOS CATALINA
8u5jl

Post by 8u5jl »

I have granted Full Disk Access both to the MakeMKV.app and to the binary `/Applications/MakeMKV.app/Contents/MacOS/makemkv`, but it doesn't help, I keep getting this prompt, seemingly every time MakeMKV starts writing a new file:

"“makemkv” would like to access files on a removable volume."

I am writing the backup to an external drive, this is on macOS 13.3.

If I write the backup to the internal drive, I only get the prompt twice, that's it.
royale

Post by royale »

In Finder, if I right-click MakeMKV, "Show Package Contents", and add the "MacOS/makemkv" executable binary, that resolves it for me. Assuming you've restarted the app, I don't understanding why you're still getting prompted. It's still happening across restarts? If you've updated MakeMKV, you might need to re-add the `makemkv` binary.