MakeMKV Trojans

Everything related to MakeMKV
LIONELMESSI

MakeMKV Trojans

Post by LIONELMESSI »

I was analyzing the MakeMKV executable in VirusTotal, the file was downloaded from this same website and VirusTotal tells me that the file is infected with 2 trojans
Can someone tell me if it's true?
Billycar11

Re: MakeMKV Trojans

Post by Billycar11 »

false positive
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Again?

Seems like someone likes to list it every couple of months, and usually for the same thing (an install file for 32-bit).

Same advice as usual - submit a copy of the download to them to have them notice that they screwed up again. Or trust your chosen antivirus product's opinion.

Edited to add: Just submitted the URL for the MSDOS file, and VirusTotal currrently says, "No security vendors flagged this URL as malicious". I wonder how long that will last?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

LIONELMESSI wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:07 am
I was analyzing the MakeMKV executable in VirusTotal, the file was downloaded from this same website and VirusTotal tells me that the file is infected with 2 trojans
Can someone tell me if it's true?
False positives happen all the time. 65 vendors out of 68 say it's safe, but people always seem to focus on the outliers? If you use one of them, file a report & get them to reassess & explain.

BitDefender had a problem w/ v1.17.2 & the MakeMKV author provided comments:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30174