Possible bug in v1.17.3 [win(x64-release)] preventing 1080p BDs from being opened

Everything related to MakeMKV
antoniu200

Possible bug in v1.17.3 [win(x64-release)] preventing 1080p BDs from being opened

Post by antoniu200 »

Hi,

I hope this is the right subforum for this, but it seems to me like there is an issue in the newest version of MakeMKV at this date, v1.17.3 for win64. If I have a 1080p BD inside my Pioneer BDR-S12XLT while trying to open up MakeMKV, the program will take a very long time to open and reach its main menu where one can press on the disc drive representation to open the disc. At the same time, Windows Explorer freezes. On some occasions, the drive will freeze completely and act as if it was not even connected to power (i.e. disappears in Windows Explorer and Device Manager and refuses to eject the disc).
As soon as MakeMKV's main menu is reached and I press on the disc drive to open the BD, after a couple of errors, MakeMKV reports the disc could not be opened. I tried multiple BDs, none of them could be decrypted & transcoded, one of which I know for sure worked fine while using the previous version of MakeMKV.

I also tried to extract an ISO image of the BDs I wanted to decrypt onto the HDD using CDBurnerXP. The ISO was made without incidents, but this did not change MakeMKV's final outcome: "Can't open disc".
Using the same ISO image in DVD Fab works perfectly fine, it extracts the video, audio and subtitles flawlessly.

MakeMKV drive info:

Code: Select all

Drive Information
OS device name: F:
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-S12
Revision: 1.01
Serial number: 
Firmware date: 2020-07-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 50

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: RS8F00
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-212T
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.01/ID45
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No disc inserted
Logs attached below.

Please let me know if I can test anything else that may be of help.
Attachments
MakeMKV_log3.txt
(3.49 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
MakeMKV_log2.txt
Drive froze here, Windows delisted it from Device Manager and from Windows Explorer.
(50.27 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
MakeMKV_log1.txt
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 80 times