Anybody had much luck playing 4K UHD and 1080p Blu-Ray rips on Samsung QLEDS?

Everything related to MakeMKV
TheMKVMaker

Anybody had much luck playing 4K UHD and 1080p Blu-Ray rips on Samsung QLEDS?

Post by TheMKVMaker »

Recently purchased a Verbatim 43888 with the goal in mind to rip my blu ray and UHD collection straight to my router connected HDD.

How much luck will I have playing the ripped files in my Samsung QLED?

In your own experience, ofcourse.
ArArdin

Re: Anybody had much luck playing 4K UHD and 1080p Blu-Ray rips on Samsung QLEDS?

Post by ArArdin »

First off, I have no experience with Samsung QLED. And luck may be something you've got your own hand in.

As a general advice and to reduce disappoinments, first read the manual on network playback possibilities and incapabilities. Which containers, audio and video codecs are supported. Maybe types of subtitles. It may be relevant to know if and by what connection your desired audio format can be bitstreamed to external sound equipment.
Knowing this information up front helps determining what files you should create to achieve succesful playback over LAN.
Chetwood

Re: Anybody had much luck playing 4K UHD and 1080p Blu-Ray rips on Samsung QLEDS?

Post by Chetwood »

You'd also need to take into account that Samsung dropped support for DTS audio in 20180 or so.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
TheMKVMaker

Post by TheMKVMaker »

Interesting - I'll see how much luck I have playing a DTS/DTS:X Track from the server to the TV to the eARC enabled Receiver