PayPro Global - MakeMKV purchase is like an obstacle course

Everything related to MakeMKV
mchap13

PayPro Global - MakeMKV purchase is like an obstacle course

Post by mchap13 »

Hi,

thanks to the developer(s) for creating MakeMKV.

I have now tried to purchase MakeMKV on at least four different occasions, using different email addresses and payment methods.

Each time the result was a message from PayPro Global informing me that they were unable to process my order:

"Unfortunately, our system cannot process any orders coming from disposable/anonymizing/temporary e-mail domains. Kindly place a new order using a non-disposable email address (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.)."

I am not using a "disposable/anonymizing/temporary" domain nor have I ever experienced this type of problem making online payments.

Today I had another go at purchasing MakeMKV. This time PayPro Global had this to say:

"We would like to confirm your purchase details to ensure an accurate delivery and a pleasant shopping experience for you.
Therefore, we kindly ask you to provide our team with the following order information:
Your billing address - please indicate the billing address details you used during your purchase
Card details - please clarify the following information:
What is the name of your card issuing bank?
What type of card did you use for this purchase?
We would like to assure you that all your personal data is treated with the maximum confidentiality, as detailed in our Privacy Policy.
Thank you for your understanding and we hope this will not be an inconvenience for you."

At this point, I have spent a lot of time trying to pay for a product that I would like to continue to use.
PayPro Global seems somewhat unorthodox. By this time, I am doubting their trustworthiness and am worried about having provided my payment details in good faith.
I would like PayPro Global to know that no, I do not understand. And that yes, this has been a massive inconvenience to me.

I would still like to make my contribution and pay for MakeMKV.
PayPro Global should aim to facilitate this process.

Regards
PayPro Global

Re: PayPro Global - MakeMKV purchase is like an obstacle course

Post by PayPro Global »

Dear Customer,

We are sorry to hear about your experience.

Our main concern is to create a secure online environment. Further verifications are required when we notice suspicious activity on customers accounts. This is, also, the reason for which you were asked to confirm your identity.

We would require further details to get the matter sorted out. In order to locate your order, we would require your email, full name, or the last 4 digits of the card that was used for this purchase.

If you don't feel secure providing this information here, please write us an email at support@payproglobal.com or call
+1-647-977-7769

Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused.

Best regards,
The PayPro Global Team
Jack93

Re: PayPro Global - MakeMKV purchase is like an obstacle course

Post by Jack93 »

Hi,
I just felt like I had to comment on this, and registered.
I also want to support the project by paying for a license but I am not currently willing to give my details to the company.
Reading through the bad reviews on e.g. Trustpilot does not encourage me to do so. My scam-radar is howling too loud for me to go through with it.
I am sure they are a trustworthy company but something doesn't feel right, like their head office locations and the robotic copy/paste responses they give reviews.
Like starting replies mentioning that they are a reseller of SaaS, and digital goods.
"We are sorry to hear about your experience. PayPro Global is a reseller of software, SaaS, and digital goods."