activation key

Everything related to MakeMKV
Sc0ttishGamer88

activation key

Post by Sc0ttishGamer88 »

I have sent an email to support about this but thought I would post here too.
I recently "upgraded" to win11. I had a few issues and had to reinstall a couple of times. when I got my system up and running again MakeMKV was uninstalled. I reinstalled it thinking as before my key would just be there.... but it wasn't.
I'm sure I have the key written down somewhere but I can't find it. Is there anyway to retrieve my key?
Woodstock

Re: activation key

Post by Woodstock »

Your activation key would have been in an email, and would have been in the registry when you put it in to MakeMKV the first time.

However, the problem is that an upgrade of the operating system may change the registry settings... so you have to get the key from the email again.

If you don't have the original email, you have to wait for Mike to send it to you. At least, in the mean time, you can use the temporary key.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Sc0ttishGamer88

cool dude thanks for taking the time to reply. I will just sit tight then and wait for support to get back to me. teach me to keep proper records I suppose.
Sc0ttishGamer88

A message to mike the admin.
Hey dude, thanks very much for sorting me out. you could have easily said nah bolt go buy another key, came up with some BS but legit sounding reason why you couldn't get me my key, but you didn't and I wholeheartedly thankyou for that mike.
I know have the key properly archived so we shouldn't have this issue again.
and once again thanks mike :D