WH16NS60 flashed to 1.02 won't auto-eject when rip is finished in MakeMKV (UnRAID Docker)

Everything related to MakeMKV
yuwon44

WH16NS60 flashed to 1.02 won't auto-eject when rip is finished in MakeMKV (UnRAID Docker)

Post by yuwon44 »

I have a WH16NS60 flashed to 1.02 that I swapped in for an older standard BD drive in my UnRAID server a few weeks ago. I've chugged through a marathon of UHD ripping over the last few weeks, with ~90 UHD discs successfully ripped... some required 2 or 3 attempts (some failing at the same spot once or twice before finishing successfully, possibly at a layer change?) and only 3 refused outright (all Marvel titles... Thor, Thor 2, and Endgame).

The main issue I've noticed, compared to my old standard BD drive, is that MakeMKV does not eject the disc tray automatically after a rip is completed even though the docker container is properly configured to do so. It will also continue to seek intermittently if the disc is left in the tray after ripping. When I'm churning through multiple discs, this really isn't a major issue... but if I leave to do something else when a disc is ripping (especially if I head to bed for the night), it seems it could be a bigger issue (added wear/tear on the drive continually seeking for 8-12 hours). Walking away from a disc ripping is more likely now that I'm through the bulk of my library and will only be adding discs as I acquire new titles.

Is this a known issue? Is it associated with the sleep bug? Is there a way to remedy this issue? Would a pre-flashed drive w/ 1.00 and sleep bug fixed (or re-flashing my own to 1.00) also auto-eject properly? Or is there some deeper MakeMKV/Docker configuration that would take care of the issue?

Thanks in advance!